From 17 to 21 September 2012, the International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering (IMETE) will host a summer school on Nutrient Recycling in Agricultural Systems at Ghent University in Belgium.
The following topics will be dealt with:
- Global cycles and transformations processes of nitrogen, mineral nutrients and soil organic matter
- Nutrient surpluses and nutrient mining: causes and consequences
- Soil nutrient status and fertilization advice systems
- Localization of nutrient unbalances: local, regional and global level
- Legislation of nutrient management
- Adaptation of agricultural management practices to reduce nutrient losses
- Technologies for nutrient recovery from waste streams
Several case studies are included and a field trip is organized. Moreover, all participants are given the opportunity to present a poster.
Read more at imetesummer.ugent.be
Date published: 19 July 2012