12 students graduated from 2 year MSc programme on Integrated Lowland Development and Management Planning
On 14 February 2013, twelve students graduated from the two-year MSc programme on Integrated Lowland Development and Management Planning (one year at the Sriwijaya University, Indonesia and one year at UNESCO-IHE, Land and Water Development).
This is the fourth batch of the Double Degree MSc programme, 40 students have completed this programme so far.
The MSc research topics cover lowland environmental issues in Indonesia, lowland rural as well as lowland urban development.
This programme is supported by the Ministry of National Planning and Development (BAPPENAS) for the first year in Indonesia and NESO Indonesia for the second year in Delft.
During the speeches of UNESCO-IHE's Rector and Ms. Badia, both agreed that after 5 years of successful collaboration between UNESCO-IHE and Sriwijaya University, the programme should be extended to ‘Integrated River, Lowland and Coastal Development, Management Planning’ focusing on a broader range of issues. This extention is also supported by BAPPENAS of Indonesia.
The awarding ceremony was attended by:
- Prof. Dr. Badia Perizade, MBA (Rector of Sriwijaya University);
- Prof. Andras Szollosi-Nagy (Rector of UNESCO-IHE Delft);
- Prof. Dr. Hilda Zulkifli, DEA (Director of Post Graduate Faculty, Sriwijaya University)
- Dr. Sabarudin Kadir (Assistant to the Director of Post Graduate Faculty, Sriwijaya University);
- Prof. Dr. Robiyanto Hendro Susanto, M.Agr.Sc. ((Head of the Environmental programme, Sriwijaya University).