Venue: The Centre of Water Management and Climate Change (WACC), Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Period: 22-26 October 2012
Organised by: UNESCO-IHE, Wageningen UR, Deltares and Vietnam National University.
Application deadline: 31 August 2012
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Vietnam.
Mid to high level professionals from the Mekong Delta (Vietnam), Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta (Bangladesh) and the Ciliwung Delta (Indonesia) who play / or will play key roles in delta planning.
Participants will have broad backgrounds from civil engineering, water and land management, rural planning, urban and regional planning to water governance. In particular alumni of UNESCO-IHE and Wageningen UR who are currently working in the field of the training workshop subject are encouraged to apply for this training workshop.
8 Professionals from each delta will participate in the course; hence a total of 24 participants.
Overall facilitation of the training workshop:
- Dr. Wim Douven (UNESCO-IHE) expert in the field of Integrated River Basin Management
- Dr. Henk Wosten (WUR) expert in the field of soil and water
Lecturing, guidance, facilitation:
- Dr. Ho Long Phi Director of the Center of Water Management and Climate Change (WACC), Viet Nam National University HCMC (VNU-HCM), and chair/member HCMC Steering Centre of Flood Control
- Dr. Fulco Ludwig (Alterra Wageningen UR), expert in the climate change adaptation
- Dr. Assela Pathirana (UNESCO-IHE) expert in the field of urban water management
- Dr. Marcel Marchand (Deltares) expert in the field of Coastal Zone Management
Various guest facilitators and presenters including Wim van Driel (program manager Delta Alliance) will contribute to this training workshop.
Application and Selection
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject Vietnam before 31 August 2012.
Selected applicants will be informed by e-mail, and will receive a fellowship offer. Upon receipt of confirmation of attendance and acceptance of the fellowship, further information will be provided regarding practical arrangements including travel, visa and accommodation.
Admission Requirements and Fellowships
Mid to high level professionals from the Mekong Delta (Vietnam), Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta (Bangladesh) and the Ciliwung Delta (Indonesia) who play / or will play key roles in delta planning. An important admission requirement is the participant’s profile (see earlier section). All those that match the profile are encouraged to apply.