Four Post-doc Positions Available
Note: The application is closed as of 15 December 2011
To support the research component of the project 5 post‐doc positions for junior researchers are funded by the project. The first position based at UNESCO-IHE in Delft is already allocated. This announcement concerns the remaining 4 positions in Uganda, Ghana, Thailand and Burkina Faso.
Post-doc position information
- The positions are based at the premises of the 4 project partners (Makerere University in Uganda, KNUST in Ghana, AIT in Thailand and 2iE in Burkina Faso).
- The Post-doc fellow will report to RPL at the host academic institution.
- The Post-doc position is funded on a fellowship arrangement in accordance with standard practice applied at host institutions;
- Expected starting date is early 2012;
- Duration of the assignment is 2 years with possible extension for another term of 2 to 3 years;
- The Post-doc will have high degree of involvement and responsibility for the co-ordination and execution of the research package assigned to the host institution as a leader.
- The Post-doc will assist the RPL in daily project management in particular regarding the co-ordination of the research part of the project allocated to a host institution.
- Candidates should be young researchers from developing country, preferably from sub‐Saharan Africa and South‐East Asia, however researchers from other developing regions are encouraged to apply;
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a discipline relevant to the research themes, e.g. sanitary engineering, civil engineering, environmental sciences, environmental engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology etc.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest and experience in conducting and managing experimental and interdisciplinary sanitation-related research;
- Applicants with pronounced organizational and managerial skills will be preferred;
- The applicant must be proficient in English and have excellent communication and writing skills; knowledge of French is considered advantageous for this position;
How to apply?
Applications, including curriculum vitae, the names and contact details of two referees, and a motivation letter, should be sent by email to a RPL of the preferred host institution by 15 December 2011. Please put the subject heading “Post-doc application to BMGF project”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted in the first week of January 2012. For further information please contact the relevant RPL (see contact details below).
ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Thammarat Koottatep, PhD
PO Box 4, klong Luang
Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
THE KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Esi Awuah, PhD
Department of Civil Engineering
Private mail bag
University Post Office
KNUST – Kumasi, Ghana
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
Amadou Hama Maiga, PhD
01 BP 594
Frank Kansiime, PhD
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
PO Box 7062