Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 02 March 2015
End: 20 March 2015
ECTS credit points: 5
Deadline IHE application: 02 February 2015
Deadline NFP: 06 May 2014
Course fee: € 2775
- Explain the position and strategy of a water organisation in relation to its institutional environment.
- Summarize the scope , scale, structure and key work processes of organisations
- Analyze the management and decision-making processes in water organisations, including the management of change.
- Plan the use of performance analysis and benchmarking in the regulation and management of water organisations.
- Assess the processes of human resources, health and safety, management for integrity and sustainability, asset management and customer management.
The syllabus covers topics such as: Organisational perspectives; organisations and institutions, institutional analysis; organisational behaviour, organisational structure, the behaviour of people in organisations and the behaviour of organisation. Understanding change; concepts of change, models of change, drivers for change, categories of change (including tactical and strategic), barriers / resistance, managing the process of change. Human resources management, organisational culture, leadership and management style, teamwork, influencing, change and stress. Systems for change, total quality management, management information systems.
It is possible to take part in the examination of this short course. If you obtain a passing mark for this examination and return to UNESCO-IHE within four years after completion of the short course to follow a full MSc programme, you will receive exemption for this short course/module. The costs for this exam are €250 extra and should be borne by yourself. Taking part in the examination is not compulsory.