Young and mid-career professionals with an interest in strategic and operational management of water supply and sanitation organisations (including regulators).
Dates, Fee, ECTS
Start: 05 March 2018
End: 23 March 2018
Deadline IHE application: 04 February 2018 - 23.59 (CET)
Course fee: € 2850
- Relate academic debates concerning water supply and sanitation provisioning to the management of water organisations
- Explain the position and strategy of a water organisation in relation to its institutional environment.
- Diagnose challenges for a water organisation in relation to its context and develop strategic plans accordingly, including the management of change
- The first block focuses on understanding the water services sector in which a water organisation develops. During this block the regulatory and policy context of water organisations is elaborated upon.
- During the second block, the module focuses on specific elements of organisational management. This includes strategic management, change management, human resources management and customer management.
The syllabus covers topics such as: Organisational perspectives; organisations and institutions, institutional analysis; organisational behaviour, organisational structure, the behaviour of people in organisations and the behaviour of organisation. Understanding change; concepts of change, models of change, drivers for change, categories of change (including tactical and strategic), barriers / resistance, managing the process of change. Human resources management, organisational culture, leadership and management style, teamwork, influencing, change and stress. Systems for change, total quality management, management information systems.