Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- Critically analyze cases of water sharing and use among different actors at different levels and from different sectors, from a conflict and cooperation perspective.
- Identify pertinent cooperative frameworks that apply to specific conflict situations and assess their efficiency.
- Apply management skills in conflict transformation, strategic planning, and water governance.
- Explain and discuss the advantages of mediation processes, and prepare, organize and engage in them as a party and as a mediator for the resolution of shared water disputes.
- Explain, discuss and assess other consultation and cooperative processes (e.g. consensus building, public participation), and be able to prepare, organize and engage in them.