UNESCO-IHE will provide 55 water professionals and decision makers with specific expertise on relevant topics, by enabling them to enrol in UNESCO-IHE Short Courses that start in 2016 and 2017.
There are three deadlines for SIDS fellowships for the 2016 and 2017 Short Courses:
- 15 June 2016 - 23.59 (CET) for Short Courses starting between 05 September and 31 October 2016
- 12 October 2016 - 23.59 (CET) for Short Courses starting between 16 January and 24 March 2017
- 03 January 2017 - 23.59 (CET) for Short Courses starting between 03 April and 21 July 2017
Click here for a list of all 2016 and 2017 Short Courses and SIDS fellowship deadline per course.
Those interested in following a Short Course, can apply online, by filling out the application form on the specific page of the short course.
In all cases, a motivation needs to be included, stating you would like to apply for a SIDS fellowship and why following the specific programme helps you or your organization to address future water challenges related to the effects of climate change in the specific SIDS country.
You must be living, working and being a resident of a SIDS country to be eligible for this fellowship: in case you will be selected for a fellowship you will be requested to send us an employer's statement, so that we can check if you meet this criteria.
UNESCO-IHE’s selection criteria will be as follows, in order of priority:
- Academic Qualifications
- Gender (females will be prioritised)
- Equal distribution among countries and regions
- Employers’ statement: format will be sent to the applicant after application has been received and applicant meets academic admission criteria.
- Developing state of SIDS-country (low Income countries will be prioritised)