In this section, you will find vacancies and internships for academic positions and positions within our management support units. All open vacancies and internships are published on the website. Open applications will not be considered.
Junior Communicatie Adviseur 28-32 uur (given the position of this vacancy, the vacancy text is in Dutch)
Note to recruitment agencies & acquisition: In general acquisition is not appreciated. When external recruitment service is required, it will be mentioned in the vacancy.
Why apply at UNESCO-IHE?
- UNESCO-IHE offers a unique, multicultural environment, at one of the world's foremost education and research institute's in water-related fields. Our employees come from a diverse background from all over the world.
- UNESCO-IHE is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, the Netherlands. The Institute confers fully accredited MSc degrees and PhD degrees in collaboration with partner universities in the Netherlands. Since 1957 the Institute has provided postgraduate water education to more than 14,500 water professionals from over 160 countries. The Institute has a permanent staff population of 180 of whom 90 are scientific staff and around 250 guest lecturers from academia and industry contribute to the educational programmes. Each year around 750 water professionals from all over the world attend the various educational programmes at UNESCO-IHE.
- UNESCO-IHE offers an attractive package of Employee Benefits. The employment contract is based on the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities. UNESCO-IHE offers a good pension scheme via ABP.
What is UNESCO-IHE looking for?
The institute is looking for ambitious, international oriented and dedicated staff. Candidates for academic positions at UNESCO-IHE should be willing to travel in order to participate in education, research and capacity building projects in developing countries.
UNESCO-IHE offers talented academic employees an academic career track to become an excellent scientist that can excel in research, education and capacity development.
For non-academic staff possibilities for an internal vertical career line may be limited compared to the possibilities for the academic staff members. Therefore UNESCO-IHE encourages in personal growth, skills and competences in order to remain employable and to increase their market value and opportunities beyond UNESCO-IHE.
You may apply for a current vacancy. How to apply for a specific job and what the deadline is for applications can be found in the vacancy. Applications are received by Human Resource Management and will be forwarded to the selection committee who is responsible for the selection of the candidate. This means that you will receive information from the selection committee about the further course of the application procedure.
The overview of vacancies gives you a list of current vacancies at the UNESCO-IHE. This list is continually updated so you can always see what is currently available. We therefore advise you to visit the website regularly to see whether a suitable vacancy has been posted for which you may submit an application. In case there is no vacancy that matches with your work experience, competences and ambitions and you are still interested in working at UNESCO-IHE, you can contact HRM via firstname.lastname@example.org. HRM will then answer your questions and give additional information about working or attending an internship at UNESCO-IHE.
An application for a specific vacancy is however preferable.
UNESCO-IHE works according to the recruitment code of the NVP.
Information for international staff
When you are considering or planning to move to the Netherlands, this information below may support you in the decision making process.
We thought it would be useful to give information, which provides the answers to questions frequently asked by people that are considering or planning to move to the Netherlands:
Please read the following information thoroughly:
- Immigration and Naturalisation procedures (IND)
- Tax Administration
- Social insurance System: Old Age Pension and Child Benefits
The International School Delft (ISD) is open for to the international community. They warmly welcome students of all nationalities, backgrounds and cultures to their new school located in Delft. More information about ISD can be found on: http://www.isdelft.com
Information for new international employees about living and/or working in the Delft area here
Not-for-profit organisation serving the international community: http://www.access-nl.org/
Information about services like healthcare, housing, childcare, housing, formalities in the The Hague Region here
The Hague International Centre (THIC). The centre is a joint initiative of the municipalities of The Hague, Delft, Leidschendam-Voorburg and Rijswijk, the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) and ACCESS, a not-for-profit organisation serving the international community.